Kick It With Donna episode 51 – Change in Perspective: Multitasking-Is It Doing You In?
Do you ever feel like you run yourself ragged doing one task right after another? You’re not alone! Most of us pride ourselves on being the ultimate multitasker, but the truth is our brains are not wired for that.
- Put my phone on silent. This allows me the ability to check it at my convenience. No more constant dinging. That is a distraction like no other!
- I turn off all notifications. I know where every app is on my phone and check them at my convenience.
- I block off certain times of the day to read my email. I know this sounds impossible, but if you try it, you won’t believe how possible it is.
- I focus on one task at a time. This allows me to get the task done efficiently.
- I take breaks. Yes, you read this correctly. I can focus on a task for two solid hours, but then I need to walk away from it for a bit. When I come back to it, I’m fresh and ready to go.
- It dampens creativity
- Adds stress
- Affects your memory
- Affects your relationships
- You miss out on your life
- Can make you overeat (constant snacking instead of a full meal)